FLAG South Board | Project Examples | Projects Funded | How To Apply | Contact FLAG South
The FLAG South area comprises the coastal zone of County Cork generally extending 10 km inland from the coast
FLAG South, through public consultation, has developed and ranked a set of priorities for their area.
The summary below sets out the areas of prioritisation for FLAG South.
- Creating and maintaining jobs in coastal areas
- Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture and supporting diversification inside and outside commercial fisheries
- Adding value to fisheries and aquaculture products
- Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development
- Lifelong learning and attracting young people in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Promoting the environmental assets of the fisheries and aquaculture areas and mitigation of climate change
Download the Full Strategy Here: FLAG South Local Development Strategy